Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Book Review: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

8755785


Series: The Mortal Instruments (Book 6)
Hardcover: 752 pages
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books (May 27, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1442416890
ISBN-13: 978-1442416895
Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.4 x 2.3 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Synopsis: Shadowhunters and demons square off for the final showdown in the spellbinding, seductive conclusion to the #1 New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID.

I am coming.
Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!


After Thought: "Oh my fucking god this book is killing me, I swear. I need to finish it but I don't want it to end. WTF.....*Cries* Noooo."

The Review: It's been a few days since I finished the book, I've been trying to figure out what to say, how to say it without spoiling the book, but the truth is, I can't. I'm not one of those people that can brag about a book or the end of the book for the series without giving too much away. That being said, please be warned this review WILL HAVE SPOILERS! LOT'S OF THEM, the entire review, maybe. So to cover my butt and you’re too this review will have the black over the spoilers, HIGHLIGHT TO SEE THEM. 

PART ONE-BRING FORTH THE FIRE: Now the beginning of the book was boring, it dragged on too slow for my liking it was like watching the movie Sense and Sensibility, then it moved really fast, you blinked and you missed a lot, the action was breathtaking, characters started to grow on you and slowly the suspense, action happened within pages of one another. Jace, I don't know what to truly say, I have to say Chapter ten was my favorite, Clary tells him about the "Almost Rape" and I thought he'd blow sky high but to my dismay he doesn't he does a cheesy speech, they kiss and fall asleep. *Squeals*

PART TWO-THE WORLD INVERTED: Hands Down this part was my favorite. Everything happens in Part Two Sebastian gather's the army, Magnus Bane gets ill, almost dying, you find out about his real father (Oh my god, I NEVER SAW THAT ONE COMING, I'm SO HAPPY I don't have a father like that). To top it all off, Clary and Jace have sex in a cave, because apparently history likes to repeat itself.

Clary, I could have hugged her, she was more grown up, mature, and used her brains for once, and unlike throughout the series she didn't really like to use it and just go head in and get everyone's life in danger. 

I really hated Simon for the longest time, but he grew on me, in COHF Simon is kick-ass, and what does he get in return for his bravery? Simon loses his memories. Gets reverted back to a human, and decided to Ascend to become a Shadowhunter (I'm really hoping that Clary and him become Parabatai it would only be logical.)

EPILOGUE-THE BEAUTY OF A THOUSAND STARS: I'm going to say that this could have been better for instance, I was looking forward to Tessa and Clary meeting so much, and was anticipating it throughout the entire book, and to my dismay, and it was terrible read page 578–580....



“You told me that was where you got the idea for the name Fray.” Clary sank down in the seat opposite Tessa at the round table. “F for Fairchild,” she said, realizing aloud. “And the rest for Gray.” Tessa smiled, and her face lit up. “It was an honor.” “You were a baby; you wouldn’t recall it,” said Jocelyn, but Clary thought of the way Tessa had looked familiar to her the first time she had seen her, and wondered.


“Why are you just telling me now?” Clary demanded, looking up at her mother, who was standing by her chair, twisting her new wedding ring around her finger anxiously. “Why not before?” “I had asked to be there when she told you, if she chose to,” said Tessa; her voice was musical, soft and sweet, with the trace of an English accent. 

“And I fear I have long separated myself from the Shadowhunter world. My memories of it are sweet and bitter, sometimes more bitter than sweet.” Jocelyn dropped a kiss onto Clary’s head. “Why don’t you two talk?” she said, and walked away, "a warlock, but you’re friends with a Silent Brother. More than friends—that’s a little odd, isn't it?” Tessa leaned her elbows onto the table. 

A pearl bracelet gleamed around her left wrist; she touched it idly, as if through force of habit. “Everything about my life is quite out of the ordinary, but then, the same could be said for you, couldn't it?” Her eyes sparkled. “Jace Herondale plays the piano very well.”

WTF is all I have to say, you tell her this NOW? No, just hell no, I wanted Clary and Tessa's meeting to be amazing, mind blowing, but instead this is what I get. No. I LOATH THIS SO MUCH. Could, and should have been a better meeting, and Yes I do hate Jocelyn for this. Also another thing I really hated about COHF was Emma was in EVERY chapter it seemed like, it was nerve racking and I really didn't want to read so much about her since she's getting her own series, but I could have understood if Emma was in the Epilogue only. 

  OVERALL: CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE was intense I laughed, cried, gasped, and denied the entire time. I look forward to The Dark Artifices and The Wicked Powers hopefully old characters will be mixed in with the new.

RATING: 4.5 Stars 

Keep Reading......

IF your confused about timeline issues you can find more about it HERE

Also CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE has a Soundtrack you can read about it HERE and listen to it via Youtube HERE


OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES: 







Find the original Review on my blog The Reader That Never Sleeps & on Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIND US.

facebook, super hero, thing iconbatman, super hero, twitter, wonder woman icon

Disclaimier

All Reviews posted on Feed The Geek are our own thoughts and opinions. We do not get paid to write any reviews or for the use of this blog, and its content. We do not own any of the covers, posters, or widgets; unless they are created by us they belong to their rightful owners.